Applying for Admission
You may have been thinking about this for a long time. You know what you need, and you are ready to go for it. Take your place among the growing number of motivated students who are joining the education evolution happening at the Saint Mary Theological College and Ethio-American Cultural Institute.
Discover a vibrant community where a multimedia-based education can be accessible, convenient and rewarding in a brand new way. We're committed to assisting you throughout the admissions process.
Saint Mary Theological College and Ethio-American Cultural Institute makes it easy and fast for you to apply, enroll and register for online classes at our virtual campus. Just complete these four steps and you will be on your way!
1. Submitting an Application for Admission.It's easy to get started. In order to be considered a candidate for admission, the applicant submits to the Director of Admissions a completed and signed application form, together with the following documents and information:
- application form.docx
- application form.pdf
- A letter of recommendation from your diocesan bishop and/or from your parish priest
- A non-refundable $25.00 Application Fee which can be paid to the college either by check, money order, or Paypal. The college's Paypal account email address is email@example.com. Click here to go to Paypal http://www.paypal.com
2. Conduct a personal telephone interview with the Director of Admissions.All applicants are required to complete a telephone interview. This can give you an opportunity to ask questions about the Saint Mary Theological College and Ethio-American Cultural Institute and the curriculum and courses that interest you. These one-on-one interviews are also used to determine whether applicants have the necessary qualifications for admission.
We welcome applicants to invite a spouse or family member to be a part of these phone interviews. We find that many applicants feel more comfortable having an extra set of ears to help them through this phase of the application process.
3. Submit appropriate, official school documentation.Submit attestation of high school graduation or equivalency.
4. Submit proof of English proficiency if applying for a degree programPlease submit an acceptable proof of English proficiency for academic studies at Saint Mary Theological College and Ethio-American Cultural Institute if your first language is not English or if you graduated from a non-English speaking school.
Racially Nondiscriminatory Policy
St. Mary Ethiopian Orthodox Theological College and Ethio-American Cultural Institute admits students of any race, color, national origin, and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school.
It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
Please forward your admissions inquires to the following address:
Kesis Endale Abebe, PhD
Director of Admissions
12129 Lemon Ridge Ln.,
Houston, TX 77035
Tel: (832) 609 9792